Location: Various Around the U.S.; Priority locations include: Atlanta, Buffalo, Charlotte, Chicago, Denver, Indianapolis, Los Angeles Metro, Miami/Ft. Lauderdale, Minneapolis, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, Salt Lake City and San Francisco Bay Area
RISE seeks several dynamic, creative and forward-thinking professionals to join its Facilitator Team and assist with delivering its curriculum to its partners across the sports industry.
Reporting to the VP of Programs, Facilitators are primarily responsible for leading RISE’s workshops and other programmatic offerings with RISE’s partner organizations: professional leagues and team, collegiate conferences and schools, sports-based youth organizations, middle/high schools and corporations. RISE’s programmatic offerings aim to educate and empower individuals and communities to create positive change on matters of race and equity.
Ideal candidates will have demonstrated experience in working in roles focused on issues related to race, equity, inclusion and social justice, and will have experience in facilitating a skill-based curriculum to a variety of audiences. This role is a contract and part-time position. People with flexible schedules are encouraged to apply.
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
- Complete comprehensive RISE curriculum training (ongoing)
- Prepare for and facilitate, either in-person or virtually (e.g. Zoom), assigned RISE workshops and other programs (e.g. focus group discussions)
- Manage program logistics for assigned programs. Program logistics may include tasks such as room setup and distribution of materials for in-person programming and management of online breakout rooms, muting/unmuting participants, electronic distribution of handouts, etc. for virtual programs
- Capture attendance along with program observations and feedback; providing agreed upon information to RISE with transparency and in a timely manner
- Address real-time issues/concerns that occur during a program
- Represent RISE with professionalism and in alignment with RISE core values
- Experience facilitating diversity, equity and inclusion skill-based curriculum for youth and adults
- An ability to be proactive and nimble in a fast-paced and challenging work environment
- A high degree of interpersonal skills
- Ability to travel and work nights and weekends as necessary
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Proficiency with Zoom
- An advanced degree in a relevant field, such as Education or Cultural Studies, or an equivalent combination of education and experience leading diversity and inclusion training programs
- Fluency in Spanish is a plus
Facilitators are compensated based on full or half-day rate depending on the time commitment of the assigned workshop/program.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
RISE is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. We prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender self or expression, disability, veteran status, marital status, or any other legally protected status. Applications by members of all underrepresented groups are encouraged.
RISE is a 501(c) (3) nonprofit organization that educates and empowers the sports community to eliminate racial discrimination, champion social justice and improve race relations. Through partnerships and programs, we inspire leaders in sports to create positive change on matters of race and equality.