RISE ‘It Takes All Colors’ Knicks Sweepstakes Official Rules
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LA
1. Contest Period. The RISE IT Takes All Colors Knicks Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”) begins at 5:00 PM EST on February 6, 2018 and ends at 11:59 PM EST on February 6, 2018 (the “Promotion Period“). Entries will be received only during the Promotion Period. Calling contest by EOD on Friday or early Saturday morning
There will be one (1) prize winner randomly selected from all Eligible Entries received during the Promotion Period. One winner will be awarded for each of the following items once the prize is accepted and the winner is verified according to compliance with these Official Rules:
- Autographed Clyde Frazier Basketball (New York Knicks) – ARV $200
The prize and all components must be accepted as awarded, and is awarded “AS IS” with no warranty, representation, or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, made by Sweepstakes Entities or for which Sweepstakes Entities shall be liable, including, without limitation, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, NON-INFRINGEMENT OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. No substitution, assignment, refund or transfer of a prize is permitted, except by Sweepstakes Entities, who reserve the right to substitute a prize (or a component thereof) with another prize (or component thereof) of greater or equal value, including cash, if a prize is not available for any reason as determined by a Sweepstakes Entity in its sole discretion. If applicable, winner will be issued an IRS Form 1099 for the retail value of the prize. Winners receiving $600 or more of total prizes during the Sweepstakes are required to be issued an IRS Form 1099 for the total value of the prizes received. LIMIT: One (1) Prize per household.
3. How to Enter. To enter for a chance to win one of the Sweepstakes Prizes simply do any one of the following. No other method of entry will be accepted.
(a) IN PERSON: Visit the RISE Booth at the Knicks Game held at the Madison Square Garden in New York City, NY during the Promotion Period, take a photo in the “It Takes All Colors” RISE photo booth activation, click to enter your email address and share your gif on social media and tag @RISEtoWIN.
(b) BY EMAIL: Submit an email to Info@RiseToWin.org with Subject Line: “RISE It Takes All Colors Knicks Sweepstakes” prior to the close of the Promotion Period. The email must include your name, address, daytime and evening telephone numbers and e-mail address.
4. Eligibility. The Sweepstakes is open to all legal residents within the state of New York, who are 18 years of age or older as of the date of entry. The selected potential winner may be required to provide proof of legal U.S. residency if requested by Sweepstakes Entities to determine eligibility and as a condition of prize award. Void in Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands, U.S. Military installations in foreign countries, anywhere outside of the U.S. and where prohibited, taxed or restricted by law. Employees of RISE, the NBA and affiliated employees, along with their family members, and each of their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, agents and their advertising, Sweepstakes and production agencies are not eligible to enter (“Sweepstakes Entities”).
5. No Purchase Necessary. Limit of one (1) entry per person during the Promotion Period, by submitting an entry you agree to abide by these Official Rules. All entries must be received by the end of the Promotion Period. Proof of entry submission will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Sweepstakes Entities. Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible for lost, misdirected, late, incomplete, illegible or unintelligible entries or for inaccurate entry information, whether caused by a participant or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this Sweepstakes, or by any technical or human errors that may occur in the processing of entries. Incomplete, duplicate, mechanically reproduced or automated entries are not permitted and will be deemed void. Entries containing inappropriate material or language, including profanity, are disqualified.
6. Additional Terms: The potential winner will be chosen at random and contacted by a RISE staff member after 10:00pm on Friday February 8th, 2018 but no later than 30 days from close of Promotion Period. The provision of the prize being offered is subject to all of the terms and conditions set forth herein. Any and all taxes of any kind, fees, insurance and other related costs incurred in conjunction with airline tickets and attending the games associated with the tickets, including, without limitation, costs for parking at the arena, are the sole responsibility of the winner. All federal, state and local taxes, and any other costs and expenses associated with acceptance and/or use of prizes not specifically provided for in these Official Rules are solely the winner’s responsibility. Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible if Sweepstakes cannot take place, or if any prize cannot be awarded due to delays, interruptions or failures due to acts of God, war, natural disasters, weather, acts or threats of terrorism, strikes, lockouts, labor disputes, work stoppages, fire, acts of government, or other events outside of the reasonable control of Sweepstakes Entities. If, for any reason Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including, without limitation, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of Sweepstakes Entities, which, in their sole determination, corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, Sweepstakes Entities reserve the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend Sweepstakes or any part of the Sweepstakes.
7. Selection; Odds of Winning; Notification. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received during Promotion Period.
The winner randomly selected must comply with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules, and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements. The potential winner will be notified either by telephone or e-mail using the contact information as provided in their entry form. The potential winner may be required to execute and return: a) a notarized Affidavit of Eligibility; b) a Liability Release; c) a Publicity Release (except where prohibited by law); or d) any other forms as provided and requested. All requested forms must be returned by the date and/or time indicated. If the potential winner cannot be contacted with twelve (12) hours for the game tickets given the immediate nature of the prize or (5) business days of the first attempt to contact the winner for all other prizes, or if the potential winner fails to return the forms required within the specified time, or if any prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, or if the potential winner is found to be ineligible, or if the potential winner does not comply with the Official Rules, then the potential winner may be disqualified and an alternate winner selected. In such an event, an alternate potential prize winner will be selected.
8. Administration: By entering, entrant agrees to follow the official rules and hold harmless and indemnify RISE, New York Knicks, NBA, Clyde Frazier, Instagram, Facebook, and other social media channels and the member teams and their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officer, employees, and agents against liability, damages or causes of action (however names or described), with respect to or arising out of either (1) entrants participation; or (ii) the receipt or use of the prizes awarded in the promotion. RISE expressly reserve the right to amend, suspend or terminate this Sweepstakes at any time without prior notice or consent. Administration of this Sweepstakes is at the sole discretion of RISE. Any questions relating to eligibility, these Official Rules or any other questions concerning this Sweepstakes will be resolved at the sole discretion of RISE and their decisions will be final and binding with respect thereto. No requests for exchanges, seat location, or cash equivalent for the tickets or other prizes will be considered and no substitutions will be made. Entrants and winners must sign any required documents in connection with the Sweepstakes as determined by RISE in their sole and absolute discretion. ILLEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAW AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES, AND ADMINISTRATOR IF APPLICABLE, RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEY’S FEES) FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITED BY LAW. THE NEW YORK COURTS (STATE AND FEDERAL) SHALL HAVE SOLE JURISDICTION OF ANY CONTROVERSIES REGARDING THE SWEEPSTAKES AND THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF NEW YORK SHALL GOVERN THE SWEEPSTAKES. EACH ENTRANT WAIVES ANY AND ALL OBJECTIONS TO JURISDICTION AND VENUE IN THESE COURTS AND HEREBY SUBMITS TO THE JURISDICTION OF THESE COURTS.
9. Publicity: Except where prohibited, participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes entrant’s consent for the Sweepstakes Entities, including RISE, and New York Knicks and their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officer, employees, and agents to record, film, videotape and photograph the winner (“Images”). These Images will be owned by the Sweepstakes Entities. Sweepstakes Entities and each of their designees shall have the right to use, re-use, reproduce, publish, display, exhibit, distribute edit, adapt, post, stream, copy and exploit such Images, and all elements embodied therein, including any names, likenesses, address, voice, conversation, biographical and prize information and any other attributes of winner, individually or with others, in whole or in part, in conjunction with other material, in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, for the purpose of trade, advertising, promotion or on a winner’s list or any other lawful purpose, whatsoever, in perpetuity, throughout the world, without additional compensation, consideration, notification or permission, except where prohibited by law and the RISE expressly reserve the right to without prior notice or consent to use entrant’s name, likeness and state of residence for promotional purposes in any media without further consideration.
10. Data Collection. Participants provide personal information when they enter the Sweepstakes. RISE collects this information and uses it to administer the Sweepstakes, form market research, and for other marketing purposes. RISE may share this information with third parties who need access to this information to perform services on RISE’s behalf. RISE may also share this information with select corporate partners, who may use it for market research and marketing purposes. By entering the Sweepstakes you agree to receive email newsletters periodically from RISE. You can opt-out of receiving this communication at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link in the newsletter.
11. Request for Names of Winners and Official Rules: All requests for a copy of the Official Rules and for the names of the winners must be made by March 1, 2018. Send a self-addressed stamped envelope to: RISE: It Takes All Colors Knicks Giveaway, 423 W. 55th St. 12th Floor New York, NY 10019
12. Sponsor(s): This Sweepstakes is sponsored and administered by RISE, a 501(c)3 organization with headquarters located at: 423 W. 55th St. 12th Floor New York, NY 10019
13. Official Rules. These Official Rules are available at www.RiseToWin.org.
No purchase necessary. Open to legal New York residents 18 years or older. Ends 2/6/18. Void where prohibited. Sponsors – RISE