RISE Super Bowl LIII opportunity
for Atlanta-area law enforcement
NOMINATION DEADLINE EXTENDED TO FRIDAY, JAN. 11
RISE will select one member of law enforcement from the metro Atlanta area to attend Super Bowl LIII on Sunday, Feb. 3, at Mercedes-Benz Stadium in Atlanta. The selection will be in recognition of the person’s efforts to use the unifying power of sports to improve race relations and promote understanding, respect and equality.
Beginning Thursday, Nov. 15, RISE will accept nominations for members of law enforcement to be considered for a ticket to Super Bowl LIII. The nomination form below (separate forms required for each nominee) must be completed in its entirety and submitted no later than Friday, Jan. 11.
Tickets cannot be sold, auctioned or otherwise distributed.
In awarding a game ticket, RISE is looking to recognize a member of law enforcement who has devoted a significant amount of time and talent to using the unifying power of sports to improve race relations and promote understanding, respect and equality.
In accepting the ticket, the member of law enforcement and his/her department/organization also must agree to the member of law enforcement serving as a RISE Super Bowl ambassador by participating in interviews with RISE and/or media leading up to, during and after Super Bowl week, as well as participating in other RISE events in the Atlanta area during Super Bowl week, including:
- Uniting Youth and Law Enforcement through Sports program
- RISE Civil Rights Tour
- RISE Super Bowl Town Hall, 4 to 6 p.m. Friday, Feb. 1, at The King Center. (Up to two guests also encouraged to attend the town hall.)
If necessary, RISE will provide transportation for the member of law enforcement to RISE events.
An additional optional activity for the selected member of law enforcement and guests (up to two) includes complimentary access to Super Bowl Experience taking place from Jan. 26 to Feb. 3.
For questions, contact Dexter Mason with RISE at dmason@RISEtoWIN.org.
Upon accepting the Super Bowl LIII ticket, the selected member of law enforcement (Winner) and the top leader of the winner’s department/organization (Executive) will be required to sign this agreement, which also must be signed by the Nominator:
- The Winner will participate in interviews with RISE and/or media outlets (local and/or national).
- By submitting a Nomination, the Nominator assigns to and agrees that RISE shall own the nomination submitted (including without limitation the design and all copyright and other rights embodied therein) and that it and its designees may use, edit, modify, and distribute the Nomination and all elements of such Nomination, including, without limitation, the names and likenesses of any persons or locations embodied therein, in any and all media now known or not currently known, throughout the world in perpetuity without compensation, permission or notification to entrant or any third party.
- The Winner and Executive further agree to grant RISE and its partners, designees and licensees, the right, in any and all manner to disseminate, exhibit, post, print, publish, record and reproduce the images and recordings, which may include your name, likeness, voice and/or biographical information, for any purpose including, without limitation as news or informative matter and for advertising, fundraising and publicizing through any media now known or not currently known, throughout the world in perpetuity without additional compensation, permission or notification, unless prohibited by law.
- If selected by RISE, the Winner will attend the following events:
- Uniting Youth and Law Enforcement through Sports program.
- RISE Civil Rights Tour.
- RISE Super Bowl Town Hall, 4 to 6 p.m. Friday, Feb. 1, at The King Center. The Winner is able to attend with up to two guests.
- Super Bowl LIII on Sunday, Feb. 3.
- RISE is not responsible for any delays or cancellations of game, and winner will not be provided any substitute or additional consideration in the event of a cancellation or delay.
- Nominator, Winner and Executive agree (i) to release, discharge and hold harmless RISE, National Football League and all of their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, franchisees, licensees and advertising, fulfillment and promotion agencies, and all of their respective officers, directors, shareholders, employees, agents, attorneys and other representatives (collectively, the “Released Parties”), from and against any and all liability, injury and damages caused, or claimed to be caused, directly or indirectly, by participation in this contest or the acceptance, use or redemption of any prize (including any travel or activity related thereto); and (ii) to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor and judges, which are final and binding in all matters. By participating in the Contest, entrants agree (i) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and participant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental, consequential, or any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses; (ii) all causes of action arising out of or connected with this contest, or any prize awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; and (ii) any and all claims, judgments, and award shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, excluding attorneys’ fees and court costs.
- Winner is responsible for any applicable federal, state and local taxes as well as any other costs and expenses associated with the acceptance and use of a prize not specified herein as being awarded. Prizes are not transferable, redeemable for cash or substitutable, except by RISE who reserves the right to substitute a prize (or portion thereof) of comparable or greater value, at its sole discretion. Prizes are awarded “as is” with no warranty or guarantee, either express or implied by Sponsor. All prize details are at Sponsor’s sole discretion.
- Released Parties are not responsible for late, lost, incomplete, stolen, garbled, inaccurate, delayed, undelivered, misdirected or postage-due Entries or mail or for any technical problems, malfunctions of any telephone lines, computer systems, servers, providers, hardware/software, lost or unavailable network connections or failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmission or any combination thereof. If, in the judges’ opinion, there is any suspected or actual evidence of tampering with any portion of the contest, or if technical difficulties, unauthorized human intervention, viruses, bugs or other causes compromise the integrity of the contest, the judges reserve the right to terminate the contest and, at their discretion, judge only those eligible, non-suspect Entries received as of the date of termination. Released Parties are not responsible for any other errors or problems of any kind, whether computer, network, technical, mechanical, typographical, printing, human or otherwise, relating to or in connection with the contest, including, without limitation, errors or problems which may occur in connection with the presentation or administration of contest, the processing or judging of Entries, prize announcement or in any contest-related materials. Released Parties are also not responsible for providing any Internet access or usage, nor for any liability for damage to any computer system resulting from participation in, accessing or downloading information in connection with this contest.
- All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these rules, or the rights and obligations of participant and Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the substantive laws of the State of New York without regard to conflicts of law principles.