The Ross Initiative in Sports for Equality (RISE) is seeking talented, emerging professionals to support the RISE Partnerships team in establishing and managing RISE’s engagement with professional sports leagues, universities, and professional athletes in achieving our mission. The right applicant should be a recent college graduate seeking to gain hands-on work experience. Applicants should have a self-starter attitude, experience managing multiple projects simultaneously, and a deep commitment to racial equity and social justice.
The RISE Partnerships Fellow is a paid, full-time, 12-month appointment. This position may take on a number of diverse tasks related to partnership development and cultivation and event logistical execution. The ideal candidate would be interested in learning more about social advocacy in sports.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Support partnership development and cultivation by qualifying leads, managing key components of our work with athletic partners and assisting in the partnership outreach and retention process
- Support development of external engagement documents
- Build a Partnerships Resource Repository (Partner Logos, Photos, Documents) for creation of Proposals, Presentations and other various materials
- Execute logistical details for upcoming events and programming from start-to-finish
- Work closely with other departments within the organization on college and professional partner related initiatives including: education and leadership programs, events, campus conversations, public awareness content, activations, public relations and marketing.
- Support supervisor and other RISE team members to achieve departmental goals within partnerships.
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in a related field, such as Business, Marketing, Sports Management, etc.
- Previous internship/work experience with non-profits or sports organizations
- High level of attention to detail, strong work ethic and high level of professionalism
- Able to manage multiple projects simultaneously and prioritize tasks effectively
- Entrepreneurial mindset – Self-starter attitude, able to predict the next steps in a project and ask the right questions to keep the work moving forward
- Strong written, oral, and interpersonal skills
- Mastery of the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, etc.)
- Ability to occasionally travel domestically and work nights and weekends when necessary.
- Commitment to diversity and inclusion and the overall mission of RISE.
- Graduate Degree in a related field, such as Business, Marketing, Sports Management, etc.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Cloud and the creation of presentation materials
- Comfort engaging with customers/clients/partners and an overall understanding of the sales process
We offer a competitive compensation package, commensurate with experience.
Commitment to Diversity
RISE does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations. These activities include, but are not limited to, hiring and firing of staff and contractors, selection of volunteers and vendors, and provision of services. We are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all members of our staff, clients, volunteers, subcontractors, and vendors.
Interested applicants please send a resume and cover letter to awood@RISEtoWIN.org.
Accessibility Assistance: If you need assistance completing the online application please email RISEHR@risetowin.org with details on how we can assist you in the process.