LOCATION: New York City
Founded in 2015 by Miami Dolphins Chairman of the Board and Managing General Partner Stephen M. Ross, the Ross Initiative in Sports for Equality (RISE) is a national nonprofit that educates and empowers the sports community to eliminate racial discrimination, champion social justice and improve race relations. Through partnerships and programs, we inspire leaders in sports to create positive change on matters of race and equality.
As a key team member of the RISE communications team, the Director of Digital Media will be responsible for:
- Leading the enhancement, maintenance and promotion of RISE’s website and social media channels
- Overseeing the creation and production of all RISE digital content including promotional videos
- Working in conjunction with key internal and external stakeholders to enhance and expand RISE’s presence across digital media platforms in line with the organization’s mission.
- Managing the creative rebranding and relaunch of RISE’s digital platforms
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Manage day-to-day oversight and deliverables for RISE website and social media channels, collaborating with communications team to ensure all content is in line with organizational mission and interests.
- Ensure all RISE data tracking systems are updated and readily accessible
- Work with the partnerships team to develop deeper relationships with key organizations such as Facebook, Snapchat and Twitter.
- Remain current on industry trends and best practices in digital marketing and design
- Research and identify innovative ways for RISE to deliver content to new and existing audiences
- 5+ years of marketing and digital media experience, including experience leading strategies and teams
- 2-3 years of social media experience, including 2 managing the social media presence of a major nonprofit, sports, government or media entity.
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Cloud; CMS and CRM Systems; Google Analytics; HTML; Mailchimp; Microsoft Suite; WordPress
- Strong creative and analytical skillset required to ensure all content is appropriately meeting business needs
- Deep understanding of relevant audiences and partners and the ability to think like a customer, intuitively understanding audience interests and content consumption behaviors
- Passion for addressing issues of race and social justice facing the country.
- BA/BS degree required
- Experience developing and executing on marketing and communication strategies that support major organizational changes
- Experience consulting internal team members to maximize digital impact
- Experience managing multiple, simultaneous projects
- Self-starter and ability to work well within diverse groups, be a team player, possess analytical and “client service” skills and critical thinking
We offer a competitive compensation package, commensurate with experience. This is a full-time position reporting to the Vice President of Communications, Events and Marketing.
Commitment to Diversity:
RISE does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations. These activities include, but are not limited to, hiring and firing of staff and contractors, selection of volunteers and vendors, and provision of services. We are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all members of our staff, clients, volunteers, subcontractors, and vendors.
Interested applicants please send a resume and cover letter to RISEHR@risetowin.org.
Accessibility Assistance: If you need assistance completing the online application please email RISEHR@risetowin.org with details on how we can assist you in the process.