The Ross Initiative in Sports for Equality (RISE) is dedicated to harnessing the unifying power of sports to improve race relations and drive social progress. We are seeking a Director, Digital Content & Social Media to develop and execute a proactive digital strategy to build the RISE brand throughout the nation. Reporting directly to the Vice President, Communications & Marketing, the director will execute all of RISE’s website and social media efforts. This position is based in our Midtown New York office.
The successful candidate will have expert knowledge and experience with websites and in the complexities of brand building through social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Snapchat. More important, we are seeking a detail-oriented storyteller – someone who recognizes and embraces the importance of choosing the right words, best photos (and often taking the photos and cropping them for maximum effect) and best videos.
- Developing social media campaigns and promotion strategies, including paid and non-paid content.
- Creating, editing, producing and promoting daily content for website and social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Snapchat.
- Creating and editing stories, graphics, photos, videos and other content at events for website and social media.
- Monitoring and responding to social media posts.
- Monitoring digital trends and implementing best practices.
- Monitoring, tracking and reporting on digital initiatives through metrics and analytics.
- Assisting in developing content for newsletters, marketing materials and event communications.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, social media or related discipline, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of five years of experience working with website and social media content development.
- Preference to candidates with other non-digital communications experience.
- Experience shooting and editing photos and video for professional communications.
- Experience with content management systems.
- Basic experience with HTML.
- Advanced skills with Adobe Photoshop. Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Preference to candidates with experience with Adobe InDesign and Illustrator.
- Excellent writing/editing and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and balance competing demands and meet deadlines in a fast-paced, professional environment.
- Strong leadership, organizational, team building, interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Strong knowledge of professional sports.
- Ability to travel domestically and work nights and weekends when necessary.
- Commitment to diversity and inclusion and the overall mission of RISE.
- Salary is commensurate with experience.
To be considered for this position, submit (as a single pdf) a cover letter, resume, three samples of website content, three samples of social media content and two (non-website/non-social media) writing samples to Info@RISEtoWIN.org.