The Ross Initiative in Sports for Equality (RISE) is an unprecedented alliance of professional sports leagues, organizations, athletes, educators, media networks and sports professionals using sports to bring people together to promote understanding, respect and equality. Through public awareness campaigns and educational programming, RISE aims to improve race relations.
NEWS FROM THE RISE COMMUNITY
- PHOTOS: RISE to Vote registers fans at UCLA women’s soccer match
- Ross Initiative in Sports for Equality hires Diahann Billings-Burford as new CEO
- RISE selects Diahann Billings-Burford as next CEO
- PHOTOS: Miami Dade College joins RISE to Vote
- PHOTOS: RISE partners on Miami Dolphins Football Unites Captains Program
RISE TO VOTE WITH UNIVERSITY OF TEXAS ATHLETICS
RISE brought its RISE to Vote campaign to about 400 student-athletes at the University of Texas at Austin on Monday, Aug. 27. RISE to Vote is a national nonpartisan campaign that partners with college athletic departments – and professional sports teams and leagues – to register athletes to vote and encourage them to lead their peers, fans and alumni in becoming informed and engaged citizens. The event included support from TX Votes. Former NFL running back and Dancing with the Stars Season 24 champion Rashad Jennings was on hand to speak with student-athletes about the importance of voting.