The Ross Initiative in Sports for Equality (RISE) is an unprecedented alliance of professional sports leagues, organizations, athletes, educators, media networks and sports professionals using sports to bring people together to promote understanding, respect and equality. Through public awareness campaigns and educational programming, RISE aims to improve race relations.
NEWS FROM THE RISE COMMUNITY
- Dolphins Owner Stephen Ross’ RISE Program Hosts Local High School Students At Hard Rock Stadium
- PHOTOS: South Florida High School Roundtable
- Twitter Sports and RISE present: The Athlete as a Change Agent
- PHOTOS: Building Bridges Through Basketball in Detroit – Week 9
- PHOTOS: Miami Dolphins and RISE CommUNITY Tailgate – Dec. 11
LEADERSHIP TOGETHER: BUILDING BRIDGES
The Golden State Warriors, NBA and RISE hosted a community conversation Thursday, Oct. 26, including athletes, law enforcement and community leaders designed to strengthen relationships and create positive change in Oakland, California.
By the numbers
14,216People who have taken the RISE pledge
26,946Fans engaged at professional and collegiate athletic events
8,792Athletes, coaches and staff reached through education programs