The Ross Initiative in Sports for Equality (RISE) is an unprecedented alliance of professional sports leagues, organizations, athletes, educators, media networks and sports professionals using sports to bring people together to promote understanding, respect and equality. Through public awareness campaigns and educational programming, RISE aims to improve race relations.
NEWS FROM THE RISE COMMUNITY
- RISE Podcast with guest Portland Timbers forward Jeremy Ebobisse
- PHOTOS: RISE to Vote registers fans at Cal Berkeley football game
- Cal lacrosse player leading voter registration drive on campus
- PHOTOS: RISE to Vote registers fans at Cal volleyball match
- PHOTOS: RISE to Vote registers Cal Berkeley student-athletes
DISC 2018 SPORTS DIVERSITY & INCLUSION SYMPOSIUM
Video highlights of the Diversity and Inclusion Sports Consortium (DISC) 2018 Sports Diversity & Inclusion Symposium. RISE hosted the symposium Tuesday, Oct. 9, and Wednesday, Oct. 10, in Detroit. The theme for the symposium was “Using Sports to Impact Society Through Culture, Inclusion & Advocacy.” The daytime sessions were at RISE’s Midwest regional office at the Detroit Police Athletic League, site of the old Detroit Tigers Stadium. The Tuesday evening event was at the Detroit Historical Museum. The symposium included six panel discussions and two keynote conversations with a total of 35 speakers.