The Ross Initiative in Sports for Equality (RISE) is an unprecedented alliance of professional sports leagues, organizations, athletes, educators, media networks and sports professionals using sports to bring people together to promote understanding, respect and equality. Through public awareness campaigns and educational programming, RISE aims to improve race relations.
NEWS FROM THE RISE COMMUNITY
- PHOTOS: RISE presents to staff at Wake Forest University
- Local cops and kids connect at RISE event
- Police and the community come together over sports
- PHOTOS – Community Conversation: Unifying Law Enforcement and the Communities They Serve
- Former NFL Commissioner Paul Tagliabue elected co-chairman of RISE board
AMERICAN HEROES NATIONAL LAUNCH & YOUTH FOOTBALL CELEBRATION
RISE joined a variety of organizations Wednesday, Jan. 31, in Minnesota for the American Heroes National Launch & Youth Football Celebration leading up to Super Bowl LII and uniting youth and law enforcement. The Jack Brewer Foundation (JBF Worldwide), in partnership with the NFL, Minnesota Vikings, National Association of Police Athletic/Activities Leagues (NPAL), Ross Initiative in Sports for Equality (RISE) and Sanneh Foundation launched the national program uniting youth and police through the power of sports and education.
By the numbers
23,766People who have taken the RISE pledge
36,412Fans engaged at professional and collegiate athletic events
9,875Athletes, coaches and staff reached through education programs